News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Series50/Series 50 Rear Axles

Started by jackworstell, April 07, 2016, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackworstell

My friend has a nice 1937 Cadillac   series 60.     He is very happy with it  but he would like to be able to cruze the open highway a little easier...ie....a little lower engine RPM.

He is evaluating the various options for accomplishing  this.   One option is to machine new rear axles from scratch.....he has a machine shop and access to a CNC lathe.   The axles would be the same as the existing axles except 16 spline vs  12 spline   ( to accommodate  1940s   3.36 pumpkins....the original pumpkins  are 3.69 ratio and 12 spline )

These axles would work only for 1937 series 50/series 60 cars.

He is in a position to do this...but even so it's a tall task.

So the question ......any interest from any of you to spend, say.  $500-$600,  for a set of
these axles ?
My friend is not after making any profit.....but just to spread out the set-up costs some.

This fairly preliminary at this point....but let me know if you think you might be interested.

Jack Worstell    CLC #7558     jlwmaster@aol.com