News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help me match my interior carpet to original

Started by Bigo181979, April 20, 2016, 01:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigo181979

I am trying to order my carpet for my 62 Eldorado. Trim code is 14 Sandalwood. Looking at stock interiors dot com at plush cut pile, anyone know what color would be closest to the original sandalwood?

I don't think ordering samples will help do to fading and staining over time.

Dan LeBlanc

Under the seats, under a door sill plate, or the carpet at the rear base of the front seat where the seat back meets the carpet area are all pretty good areas where you can find clean carpet that was shaded from the light and not prone to fading.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Dan is correct. One of the first cars I had was a 1941 Cadillac Series 6733 Imperial. Way back, underneath the area where the jump seats fit into (under the division) was a small area of unfaded carpet. Naturally, it had faded to the dirty taupe that they all ended up looking like, but on the original area, the carpet was a light blue (ice blue) plush.

One can only imagine what the chauffeur had to put up with in inclement weather to keep this carpet clean.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville