News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

finally got the 1961 Cadillac 4 window sedan I was looking for.

Started by N Kahn, April 22, 2016, 09:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Kahn

I flew into Dallas on April 6th and picked up this car I had bought a few months back. I drove it to Austin for The Lonestar Round Up car show, I haven't been since 2007. After having fun the whole weekend I drove her home to Orlando, Florida, I almost made it, I hit something and split a tire sidewall on my last gas stop. I never checked the spare, it was shredded and the lug wrench didn't fit.

She's a very solid, great running car. So far I have reinstalled the generator and put on a set of Buick Skylark wire wheels. I intend to put the AC compressor back on. Luckily the previous owner saved everything.

This is only the second 4 window sedan I've ever seen, the first one was the exact same color back in 1985, I saw it at an antique car dealership in Winter Haven, I had just bought my series 62 six window 1961 sedan, I had no idea such a body style existed. I can tell you, I'm delighted with this car, I've got some bugs to work out but I have been driving her and she's a pleasure.

N Kahn

I hope someone can decipher the plate for me, thank you.

quadfins

Laredo Tan (one of my favorite colors), sandalwood interior, tinted glass, heater, power windows, air conditioning, code Y - I forget offhand. I will have to look up the codes. Built in the second week of November, 1960.
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

11B - built 2nd week of November (1960).

1215 - Body number (of total Series 62 4W built in '61)

ACC:

E - EZ Eye Glass

H - Heater

K - Air Conditioner

X - Power Windows

Y - 6 way Power Seat

Paint Code 44 - Laredo Tan

Interior Code - 34 Sandalwood Chilton Cloth & Sandalwood coated fabric
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Congratulations on your find. I had a 1961 six window sedan some years ago, and it had the very best radio I've ever had on a Cadillac. I hope you enjoy yours. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Brian Laurance

Excellent find!  This particular model in the 4-window body style is my favorite Cadillac of the entire decade.  Very cool!

N Kahn

Thank you Eric, for decoding that info. Thank you all for your kind words. One day I'll probably paint her but for now she's a driver.
The other casualty on the 1400 mile drive home was the speedo, it gave up in Tallahassee.

D.Smith

Congratulations my finned friend!      As you already know,  Skegs rule!

Jeff Wilk

Ive always loved the sedans.  Simply something more classy about them over a coupe. Nice Find!  Enjoy

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille