News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

SRX 2006 six cylinder advice

Started by James Landi, April 21, 2016, 06:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

On the verge of purchasing a 2006 SRX with the 6 cyl engine with 27,000 miles--- looking at 11K and seems a good price for the low mileage,privately owned, "dad died, hardly used the (florida condo) car.." 

I looked at the frequency of repair record, and it's somewhat frightening... but, then at 27k miles, what could possibly go wrong....(need your advice here-- thank you)

Now aside from that, here's a possible deal breaker--- I want to tow my 1959 Century 16' resorter on an aluminum trailer.  I am looking up the towing capability, and some postings say 1000 #.s and some say 2,500 #s... can that be?  Appreciate your help with both questions,   James

GBrown #8092

FWIW: cars.com says 1000lbs.
However, trailers.com says 2000lbs.

Glenn

James Landi

Thanks Glenn-- appreciate the validation... seems as if GM was being more than careful... James

Whit

James:   I have a 2011 SRX with 22,000 miles and no issues so far. Great little SUV for ever day use.

Whit