News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1973 Eldorado ace Car Authentication Help

Started by John Waslworth, April 21, 2016, 07:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Waslworth

Hey guys I'm looking at picking up a 73 Eldorado the guy is saying is a pace car has the plaque and is the right colors but i was wanting to know if any one could check the serial number to see if it is listed as one. The number off the door sticker is 6L67S3Q436794

Thanks, J Walsworth

John Waslworth

Decided to just pull the trigger and get it the stripe kit along with some trim are very faded does anyone know where to get a hold of replacement parts?

Thanks, J Walsworth

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

John,
From the Authenticity manual, your vin # checks out as being one of the near 500 "Pace Car Replicas"
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

TJ Hopland

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

John Waslworth

Thanks Greg! Well TJ now that i know it is a pace car I would like to get it looking good again. need to re-paint it looks to be original paint but to many surface spots to just touch up and get a new top. Interior is almost perfect has the mobile phone option with the two antennas by the trunk don't know how i feel about those but if its a rare option will probably keep them. I will need to find the red stripe kit the one on it is very faded. The rubber bumper and window seals are faded and dry so will need to find those. I don't know the names for them or what they are made of but the piece that fills the gap between front bumper and fender is gone and the piece that goes between the gas fill and rear bumper is gone along with some other guessing rubber trim bits that look to go on top of the bumper. Want to get her looking as good as can have not done a Cadillac before so not really sure where to look for parts specific to these cars. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, J Walsworth 

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

John,
I might suggest you get a copy of the 73 Pace car authenticity manual. It has some very interesting infromation regarding the actual pace cars as well as the replicas.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-