News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac El Dorado Seville

Started by Sdpro, April 23, 2016, 01:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sdpro

I just bought a 1960 Cadillac El Dorado Seville. I have found that it was originally metallic champagne with a beige leather interior and came with e-z eye glass and heater. What does the body code 902 mean? What's this car worth? It's in pretty decent shape with the original motor. I will need to do a color change to go back to original color As it's black now and the motor needs to be installed. I also maybe buying a 1949 Fleetwood from the same guy that's in real nice shape. I don't know anything about Cadillacs but I guess I'm going to learn.😄 Any tips, help would be much appreciated.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I am not sure if you are aware, but the Seville, after the Brougham and the Biarritz, was the top-of-the line vehicle, and should have a ton of standard equipment.

It should have Three Carbies, Air Suspension, and power everything

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

David Greenburg

I may be biased, but they are great cars.  I've got one in the same color combination.  Do you have all of the exterior trim (especially the thin "bead moldings" on the sides).  This trim and the Eldorado wheelcovers are rare and expensive to replace. It sounds like 902 is the body number; the 902nd Seville built.  It is difficult to value a car like this without seeing it, but you can get a rough idea using a valuation tool like the Hagerty site.  But it is much rarer and  more valuable than a Series 62 or Coupe  deVille.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

chrisntam

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

Agree, please post some pics as there is a very wide range of conditions.

There were three at the GN and all in the light colors.  Dave's is a light color.  The two I saw that are being hot rodded are in the light colors.

How rare is my black one?  Has ever seen a black 60 Seville with a red and white interior?

I know there are no real records on colors and specifics but it seems that the greens, champagne, and gold were very popular.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Sdpro

The rear wheel covers are on the 1960. Not sure which trim you were referring too. Even though the paint is in great condition I think I will put it back to its original color. I am sure I will find lots of other things to do it. We are removing the 350 that's currently in it and dropping the original 3 carb motor back in starting next week. I plan to take to the paint shop once old motor is out for engine compartment detail. Any other suggestions?

76eldo

I took the liberty of rotating and resizing your pics, see below.

The car looks amazing in black.

I'll also post a couple of pics of mine (under restoration).  Your car looks fantastic, but you are missing a lot of the side molding.  I have a lot of those pieces if you want to add them, but they are very expensive.  Actually, with the moldings deleted, the car looks beautiful, especially in black.

The eldo caps aren't there either.

The trim tag should indicate if it's a 64 series Eldorado, also some shots of the interior.

Nice find!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Tito Sobrinho

I'm sorry to tell you...the '49 pictured is not a 60S or Fleetwood, but a series 62 sedan.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Sdpro

Here's some more pictures of the 1949. Says it's a Fleetwood. What's this car worth?

David Greenburg

I would be interested to see the data plate.  I wonder if this was a regular coupe that had trim added, perhaps from a Fleetwood.  The trunk lid has a "V" and no Eldo lettering.  The wheelcovers are newer.  '65 or '66?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Tito Sobrinho

The only thing that I can see in your picture  pertaining a 1949  Fleetwood (60S)   is the upholstery ...biscuit pattern with cloth covered buttons, nothing else. This type of upholstery was for the 6OS and the series 75, and not for the 62.
The wheelbase for the series 62 (Sedan) was (is) 126" versus the 60S (Fleetwood) with a 133" wheelbase.

How much the owner wants for the '49?
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.