News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear Seat Identification help needed

Started by WilkesJournal, April 23, 2016, 12:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilkesJournal

Hello all. I've recently inherited a rear seat, and one inside trim panel (driver's side), which I'm told was removed from a 1953 Cadillac. I don't know if it was convertible or not. In order to find the proper home for these items, any help is appreciated. I can provide additional photos or measurements if needed.

The covers are leather (not vinyl), and the coils inside are individually wrapped in cloth, similar to an old mattress. Does anyone recognize these?
Thanks.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

They're from a 53 Eldorado!!! Where's the rest of the car??
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

WilkesJournal

Bob, Thank you. Unfortunately I don't have the rest of the car, or even the other side panel, just this one. I never saw the car they came from, these have been stored inside a house for about 30 years. Is the pattern in the leather what differentiates an Eldorado seat from a regular Cadillac? And I'm assuming the frames would work for either car? Thanks again.

I also have a Harrison radiator 3121440, presumably from this same car, but it's in really rough condition. I know they make new ones of those, so I'm guessing the radiator isn't going to be useful to too many people. But I can't throw it away!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Marty,
Those seats probably fit 50 to 53 cars. There might be someone with a rough Eldo that would really need them. Especially the waffle trim on the side panel. Are you located in Ohio?
Someone may want the radiator for the date code on the tanks.
Bob

WilkesJournal

Bob, Is there anyone who can help me positively identify these with the help of plenty more photos and measurements? The width should tell whether they're convertible or hardtop. Also on the reverse side is a tag with the number A-4625343-1 printed on it. If that's a part number, I couldn't find it anywhere. Any idea who I can talk to that would know for sure what these are? Thanks!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Marty,
I gave you my opinion. I'm surprised that no one else has chimed in.   The  53 Eldos were all convertibles. I just checked the # you posted. They ARE from a 53 Eldo. Take your time selling them. You need to find a guy doing a rough car that needs them. Do NOT split them up.
HTH, Bob

Quentin Hall

Yep. Bob is right.  They are from an Eldo. I know a guy already who needs these. I'll try and contact him. I have made about a dozen of these seat frames cos they are always rusted out , same for the side bolster.
Amazing you have just these bits only. I can only imagine the story.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

WilkesJournal

Quentin,
Thanks for the note. I don't have a set asking price in mind, I don't know what they're worth. I think the condition is exceptional and I'm sure these are the nicest available on Planet Earth that don't have an expensive car attached to them. I took plenty of photos to show measurements, and the condition. Here are a few of them, but there are more. This is the maximum I could post at one time. Please let me know if you need more or have any questions. PM is fine.
Thank you,
Marty

Dave Ventresca

beautiful seats, those don't get any better! Dave

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: WilkesJournal on April 23, 2016, 12:49:39 PM
Hello all. I've recently inherited a rear seat...

This is the first time I ever heard of someone inheriting a rear car seat but if there was rear car seat worth inheriting, this is surly it.

You should have no difficulty finding a buyer.

Good luck with it.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Quentin Hall

I am very interested . I have a need for these for my Azure blue car that I am slowly restoring..I have a few of life's hurdles presently, but if we can negotiate a price they would go to a loving home. I'll check my finances and be in touch by weekend.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz