News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 wiper linkage to motor rubber ring gasket? w/ pic

Started by paulkersey, May 08, 2016, 10:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulkersey

Hello all,

Putting my cowl back on the Fleetwood and noticed this rubber ring laying under the linkage. Of course I did not take pictures before.

Does this look familiar to anyone? and where it belongs?

Thanks,

J. Wicks # 19583

David Greenburg

I just did cowl and wiper motor on my car a few weeks ago in preparation for the GN, and my recollection is that there was a washer smaller than what's in the picture that goes between the two arms.  I would look at my car and confirm, but I am still waiting for it to return from Vegas after cooling system failure on the way there.  I am hopeful it will arrive this week, and will take a look if no one else responds before then.

Did you repaint/restore your cowl grille? If so, I'd be interested in hearing how.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

paulkersey

Thanks and sorry to hear about the cooling system. I am running the "looks orig." Harrison radiator still.

I hope there is not another smaller rubber ring 'cause I don't have it.

Can't find an illustration anywhere.

I took a long look at the cowl and decided to let it ride for now.

Car is wearing its 2nd  older not great  paint and in black now instead of white

So the the cowl inserts and surface is little faded and chippy black and will remain so.

I guess it was white once?

J. Wicks # 19583

David Greenburg

I just got word that my car has been picked up and should be home tomorrow, so I can let you know then.  After repairs, I am running the original Harrison tanks with a new super high efficiency core installed. I asked about the grille because I recently redid mine by taping off the chrome slots and developed a technique that makes it a little less onerous.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special