News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac wire harness question

Started by steve hachen, May 13, 2016, 09:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve hachen

Hello,
I’m finishing installing the wire harness on my 1959 Series 62 convertible and I’m not sure where a couple of the wires connect to. I have a light blue wire under the driver’s side kick panel I’m unsure of, I don’t know if it is a convertible only wire. And I can’t figure out where the connectors to each side rear ash trays attach. Any help would be greatly appreciative!
Thanks, Steve

n2caddies

I believe the light blue wire is part of the autronic eye system. If your car does not have it the plug should be taped up. The manual refers to it in the accessory section under autronic eye. The connectors inside the rear quarter area should plug into the cigarette lighter on the ashtray and there Should  be a black spade connector to ground the ashtray and the flat plug for the quarter window switch that is part of the ash tray on each side.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX