News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac '41-'42

Started by Tito Sobrinho, May 22, 2016, 06:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tito Sobrinho

I'm restoring the hood emblem common to both cars. In my opinion, it is the most beautiful hood emblem designed by Art Ross to adorn the front of a car.  (Art Deco upright Egyptian wings)

Question: What is the colour to be used in the 4 horizontal grooves next to the small Cadillac emblem? Black or blue colour?

Thanks for your answers.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Tito,
I just looked at my NOS one. They're blue.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Paul Phillips

Agree with Bob on the blue.  Be sure to do the red in a candy red, as it will be closer to the original cloisonné look.  If you strip the whole part down, consider having the base metal flash plated in 24k gold. I did that to mine and it was a great detail improvement.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Jeff Hansen

Bob, any chance you could post a photo of your NOS one?  I don't know that I've ever seen a true NOS emblem - only ones that have been redone.

Thanks for your consideration!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Tito Sobrinho

Bob, blue it will be. NOS specimen, must be beautiful!

Paul, you have a magnificent 24k emblem. It would make King Tut envious.
And yes, it will be a transparent candy red Apple

Thanks to both of you.
Tito S.

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
OK, here it is. Enjoy.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Hansen

Bob, thank you very much for sharing!!

Back to Tito's question, I don't see any color in the horizontal recesses on either side of the Cadillac crest.  Tito, are you referring to the horizontal stripes that are IN the crest or the ones on either side of the crest?

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Tito Sobrinho

Jeff,

The ones on either side of the crest...4 horizontal recesses.

Thanks, Tito.
Tito S.

Jeff Hansen

Tito,

Ok, thanks, I wanted to make sure we were speaking of the same thing.  Looks like the answer to your question, then, is the third option: no color!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan