News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Olympic White Paint Source

Started by Seville1957, May 26, 2016, 06:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seville1957

Anyone know a good source for Olympic White paint for a 1957 Caddy?

Dan LeBlanc

Any good auto body supply store should be able to mix it up based on the cowl tag under the hood and the year of the car.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

57 Eldo Seville

I didn't have any luck with the cross-reference books for the Eldorado specific Olympic White Paint code at my local auto paint store.  I will be very interested in what you may find out.

Dave Morris
Dave Morris
CLC#28497
1957 Eldorado Seville
2020 CT5-V

gary griffin

If you have a place where the paint is original and not faded any good paint supplier can take a special computer camera picture of it and create a modern formula for paint. 
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Dan LeBlanc

The paint store should be able to call the manufactuer's tech support hotline for the formula.

Ran into this with Code 94 - Nautilus Blue for 1961 Eldorado once.

The store couldn't find it in their library, so they called tech support and got the formula.

If the store isn't willing to make a phone call to sell you a few hundred $ worth of paint, I'd move on to the next one.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car