News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

DIGITAL DASH KEEPS GOING COMPLETELY BLANK

Started by Matt CLC#18621, June 07, 2016, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

The digital dash on my 85 Biarritz appears to be trying to “reboot” itself. Specifically, it first goes completely blank, and then all gauges and the speedometer go to the highest digital values, (e.g., speedometer goes from zero to 188 and back to zero). This happens intermittently while driving at all times of the day.

Lately however, after the digital dash “reboots” itself, the entire dash panel goes blank with absolutely no digital values being displayed for different time periods which are never consistent.

The digital dash appears to be somehow related to the Twilight Sentinel which I always keep in the “on position” for the shortest delay period when it is activated. During the day, if I turn the headlights on manually, the digital dash will sometimes remain active and display the correct values.

Please let me know your thoughts.

If anyone has any digital dash trouble shooting literature, I would greatly appreciate receiving a copy of same.

Thank you,
Matt CLC#18621

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Sounds like there is an intermittent power interruption somewhere in the wiring going to - or within the speedometer cluster itself.

Headlight control activates dim function of the display which would seem to coincide with this.

First and simplest remedy I would suggest is to unplug the wiring harness from the cluster and make sure all contacts are clean. If the problem remains, the issue is probably in the cluster itself and should be sent out to United Radio in Syracuse, NY.

HTH.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute