News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 Cadillac Coupe in Old Cars magazine

Started by Scot Minesinger, June 08, 2016, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Eric,

Congratulations on your 62 Cadillac!  The Cadillac sure looked great.  I like the concept of the quad fins on 61 and 62 Cadillacs and how they were so different from 60/63 Cadillacs.  I think the bat-mobile design borrowed heavily from the 61/62 Cadillacs.  1962 was a great year, with the dual master brake cylinder, cornering lights, and etc.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Maynard Krebs

Wouldn't it be GREAT for a change.. for a old-car hobby magazine to actually feature a four-door car, be it a sedan OR a four-door hardtop.

I understand, and accept, that most fans of old Cads want the two-doors.   Not me... and I doubt that I'm the only one.   Mercy, can we have some 'diversity' for a change?

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Thanks again Scott for bringing the article to my attention and for kindly forwarding me your copy.

As I mentioned, Bobby Tomaine shot the pictures four years ago at a local car show but needless to say, I had long given up hope the article would ever appear after all this time. In fact it's rare for me to even own a car as long as I've owned this '62 but I've just one of those cars that's just too nice and near impossible to duplicate in the colors I want - in the condition I want.

I'll check with Angelo Van Bogart and if it's alright with him, I'll post the article here if he has no objections.

Particularly interesting are Angelo's editorial comments in which he directly refers to the '62 article in reference to his own perspective as the long term owner of a 1962 Coupe deVille himself.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Scot Minesinger

Gerald,

Shhhh - lets keep our secret.  If you decide to buy a closed car, why in the world would it not be a four door?, so much easier for rear passengers.  Fortunately for us, we like them and they are less expensive than two door cars.  My second 1970 Cadillac is SDV, bought it with 35k miles for $5,500 in 2012, a CDV would have been way more.  Of course I had to invest in restoring issues that plague low mileage cars, but now it is ready to drive across Country. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Dan LeBlanc

Special thanks to Bob Tomaine and his editor, Angelo Van Bogart of Old Cars Weekly to grant us permission to post the article here.

Enjoy
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

gary griffin

I have all 4 door cars. I like to enjoy my hobby with friends and family. My parents are 93 and I am hoping to give them a ride soon in all 3 of my 4 door cads and LaSalle.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver