News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Got this off a 1968 what is it

Started by 60eldo, June 11, 2016, 10:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

I removed this near the drivers side headlight of a 68 deville. Can anyone tell me what it is so I can sell it
Jon. Kluczynski

Caddyjack

Looks like it's the auto-dim sensor.
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

Glen

Aka Guide-matic it dims the headlight when another car approaches from the opposite direction or when you come up behind another car.  It is a good option if you live or drive in the country, but today’s reflective signs and lane dividers keep the headlights on dim all the time.       
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

The Tassie Devil(le)

Plus, you need the rest of the system for it to be operational.   Like the Dip Switch, Headlight Switch and the under-dash module, with all the associated wiring.

Just the pictured piece would only be worth something to someone that wanted his vehicle to look like it had Autronic Eye, or someone with a smashed front end.

But, yes, it has to be worth something, but would need testing first.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

D.Smith

Definitely the dimming sensor.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I think the best way to list it would be "Guidematic Photocell" or possibly "Auto Dimming Photocell". 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Glen

I might be interested in it.  What do you want for it?  Email me.  Click on my name on the left then on the envelope icon in my profile. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104