News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Deville Convertible tires

Started by RandyK, June 27, 2016, 11:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyK

Any suggestions where to buy new tires for a 1966 Cadillac De ville convertible?
Randyk
RandyK

TJ Hopland

What are you looking for?   Something show quality and correct?   Radials or bias?   

Coker Tire has a pretty wide selection and many shops can / do buy from them.   Diamondback may have something.  There are a couple others but tend to specialize in specific cars or eras.  IF those options are more than you were looking to spend about the only somewhat easy to get tire that has a narrow white wall is the Hankook Optimo.  Most of the bigger stores can get them.   There may be a few others especially from more rural dealers but its getting to the point where the specialty vendors are going to be the only option. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Chuck Swanson

Quote from: RandyK on June 27, 2016, 11:04:10 PM
Any suggestions where to buy new tires for a 1966 Cadillac De ville convertible?
Randyk
I put these on all my 65-66 cars and love them.  Here they are if going original:

https://www.cokertire.com/900-15-bf-goodrich-triple-whitewall-tire.html

They ride great.  Put over 1200 miles on my '65 last year for example. 

CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I have the Hancooks. No problems, just the narrow whitewall.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty