News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Series 62 Convertible

Started by MIKE2CADDIES, June 29, 2016, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKE2CADDIES

I recently purchased a 1953 Series 62 Convertible and was wondering if power brakes were an option when new. Also, should I convert the brakes  to disc, dual master and/or power ( if not on it ) ? I live on Long Island in New York and looking for a good mechanic if anyone knows of one to work in this car. It is a 10 year old restoration but needs some mechanical work. Thanks

P W Allen CLC# 20193

No 53 Cadillac left the factory with power brakes. However, they were available in 54. A dealer installed power brake option was made available to 53 owners who wanted them. For a price, I'm sure.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Jon S

Quote from: MIKE2CADDIES on June 29, 2016, 09:29:49 PM
I recently purchased a 1953 Series 62 Convertible and was wondering if power brakes were an option when new. Also, should I convert the brakes  to disc, dual master and/or power ( if not on it ) ? I live on Long Island in New York and looking for a good mechanic if anyone knows of one to work in this car. It is a 10 year old restoration but needs some mechanical work. Thanks

I saw rebuilding kits for 1953 power brakes on the web, so assumed 1953 had power brakes.  Further research indicates they were introduced in 1954.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

MIKE2CADDIES