News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 coupe deville hyd window cylinders

Started by aussiepaul, July 03, 2016, 04:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiepaul

Gidday,my cylinders are leaking from the bottom where the solenoid wire goes into the bottom of the main body,is there anyway to pull these apart and repair them as it is over $1000  to get 4 to Australia,any hints would be appreciated,cheers Paul Wallace.
Paul Wallace

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Sorry Paul, they are not serviceable. If they are leaking, replacement is the only option.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

aussiepaul

Paul Wallace

Bobby B

Paul,
Hi. Why so much? Here's an example. Did you try E-bay/Hydro-E-Lectric in Florida?
                                                                   Bobby

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Dan LeBlanc

I was browsing the other day for my 53 (not going to reuse the old cylinders just in case).  Hydro-E sells them for $149 each.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

savemy67

Hello Paul,

As I understand it, even at Dan's price of US$596 for 4 cylinders, shipping and import duties raise the price of parts sent to the land down-under.  Perhaps the TPP will alleviate this issue in the future.

Are the cylinders leaking profusely?  Do the cylinders work?  If the worst case scenario is that you have to replace the cylinders, you may want to experiment with an automatic transmission stop-leak product before spending a lot of money on new cylinders.  I haven't used the product in the link below. but it may be worth an experiment.

http://atpautomotive.com/featured/re-seal

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

The Tassie Devil(le)

Living in Australia, one has to also convert the US Dollars to AUS Dollars, then there is the horrendous cost of Air Mail Postage, and not to forget the additional cost of Import duties if the Customs people decide to collect it.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon