News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trivia Question? Where & when did I take these pictures??

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, July 03, 2016, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Where & when did I take these pictures??

I bet the 1953 Eldorado fans will like these.

Mike   #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Mike,
You took them at the GN at Santa Clara, Ca. in 1998. My car is the blue one at the end. Did I win a prize???
LOL, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

LOL Bob!!

Your car is in the picture!!.....that's a conflict of interest...........your correct answer doesn't count!  LOL!!

Bob do you remember that there was an eighth 53 Eldorado off on the side, I remember it was a project and it was also an azure blue car if my memory is correct.

There were alot of great cars at that Grand National.

Mike #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

The Tassie Devil(le)

In that case, I will answer the question.

Now, seeing as I wasn't there, taking into account the angle of the Sun, being mid day and the clothing worn by the spectators, it would have to be 1998, and at the GN at Santa Clara, Ca.

Gee, how did I know that? ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon  #15848 on July 03, 2016, 08:31:36 PM
LOL Bob!!

Your car is in the picture!!.....that's a conflict of interest...........your correct answer doesn't count!  LOL!!

Bob do you remember that there was an eighth 53 Eldorado off on the side, I remember it was a project and it was also an azure blue car if my memory is correct.

There were alot of great cars at that Grand National.

Mike #15848
Mike,
I remember the 8th car. I think??  we invited him up for the photo shoot but he declined. He left soon  after. I think the car was for sale also. That's all I remember.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Good answers Bruce & Bob.......even though you didn't answer in the form of a question....Jeopardy rules are in effect.

I think the year was 1999 for Santa Clara but, it's still close enough given the angle of the sun and the short pants and all.

We all win and get to have dinner with............those two flapper girls selling raffle tickets at the Boston Grand National 2013 or was it the Warwick National in 2000?

Boy lot's of good memories over the years!!

Mike #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon  #15848 on July 03, 2016, 10:22:09 PM
Good answers Bruce & Bob.......even though you didn't answer in the form of a question....Jeopardy rules are in effect. 
Mike #15848 
I am not familiar with that game.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As I recall, the black one left early or we would have had all the colors available for a photo shoot later in the afternoon. I think there were eight Eldos there, so what percentage of the total production of 532 was that? Really amazing that we got to see more '53 Eldos in one place than probably any one else in the world ever had before. 

We had a similar concentration of rare cars in 1990 at Carson City with 1941 phaetons. I think there were two or three "regular" ones in line, plus the green hybrid with the 1946 trim, and don't forget the black one that was unrestored with the Bedford Cord interior off to one side.

Bob, is the green one still around your neck of the woods? That was so well done with the later rear fenders and grill. And how about the cream '41 conv that was at San Jose' with the 1947 grille?

Since I can now see two black ones, my memory is not what it once was. I do remember the one leaving early tho. I think a shot of this was used for the cover of the S/S not long after that.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville