News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Humps each side on the door sills, 76 Eldorado

Started by joeinbcs, July 08, 2016, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

I was pre-fitting the molded carpet I bought, and noticed jumps on either side of the car, just in front of the seat belt anchor.
These are making my carpet install difficult😡
Anybody know what they're for?
I sure would like to cut them off, but I suppose they serve some purpose?
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

V63

If memory serves...The torsion bar adjusting screw is under there

joeinbcs

Torsion bars are about a foot inboard of the door sills.
I was just having a look from beneath the car and it looks like this is a body-to-frame mounting point...I guess cutting them off wouldn't be such a great idea...
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

cwbbear

Do you mind sharing where you got your carpet from ?  I am two broken seat bolt extractions away from ordering Dark Blue Green carpet for 76 Eldorado myself.  Are you happy with the qualify despite the hump issue?

joeinbcs

Hey Chris,
I bought my carpet from OPGI during a sale..but its actually made by ACC.
I bought the door bottoms and a couple extra yards to do the seat backs/bottoms directly from ACC.
I think most of the vendors sell the same stuff, just shop around for the best deal.
I think the quality is decent enough.  They do offer a higher quality grade, but its not available in dark blue/green (Jade is what ACC calls it).
I think I'll be happy with it in the end...I'll let you know for sure in a few days when I finish the project.  I've completed the Dynamat, next is the Dynaliner, then the carpet.  It certainly looks a lot better than the faded 40-year old stuff in the car.  My interior leather looks pretty much like new, and this will really make the white pop.
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432