News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Steering box

Started by gross707, July 10, 2016, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

The steering box on my '55 is leaking to such an extent that I am now forced to act.  Can  anyone  recommend a shop or other course of action?
Thanks,
Gerald
Gerald Ross

Chas

I've always received top notch service and product from Lares. Try www.larescorp.com
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Bobby B

Quote from: Chas on July 10, 2016, 10:08:44 AM
I've always received top notch service and product from Lares. Try www.larescorp.com

I second that. I've use them years for any steering related components. Honest, Quick turnaround, Excellent Quality. If you go through RockAuto, it's cheaper than going through them directly. I called Lares about this years ago and they said it's because RockAuto is one of their biggest vendors and they discount highly to them. They were honest enough to admit that, and told me that it's the same quality rebuild no matter direct or through RockAuto. Good luck.
                                                                                         Bobby

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/cadillac,1955,series+62,5.4l+331cid+v8,1320770,steering,steering+gear,7416?a=Referer+r.search.yahoo.com+URL+%2F
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Dave Shepherd

I can only say here I had poor results from them on a Chysler box, , poor explanation on how it happened, just send it back. 2 hr removal job!!

Bobby B

Quote from: Dave Shepherd on July 10, 2016, 04:41:12 PM
I can only say here I had poor results from them on a Chysler box, , poor explanation on how it happened, just send it back. 2 hr removal job!!
Dave,
Wow...I'm surprised. Sorry to hear that. They have done quite a few Ford/GM pumps, Power Valves, Racks, etc. for me over the years. They sent my one '47 box back free of charge saying that it was too far gone, and if they did anything, I would be unhappy with the results. I thought that they were at least honest about it. They do get right on the phone and talk to you like it used to be in the good old days.
           Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH