News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1978 Eldorado hood mounted signals

Started by dennisoates, July 23, 2016, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennisoates

they were but are very dim, is there a easy fix?

TJ Hopland

Here is a recent tread where we are talking about how that system works.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=141693.0

As for being dim are all 3 or 6 of them dim?   If they all seem to be dim I would suspect a build up of wax (or paint if the car has ever been painted) on the hood units themselves.   The actual lens parts appear to be plastic so care would have to be used in trying to clean them. 

On the other end there is a exposed end to the fiber cable that in some cases also has a lens on it.   On the turn signals its in the reflector portion of the light assembly.    They too can be cleaned but I suspect are also plastic so have to be careful.   In the headlight you can see/ clean the end by removing the electrical plug at the back of the headlights. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason