News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Front Seat. How does it go together?

Started by chstitans42, July 24, 2016, 01:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chstitans42

There is a chance that I will be able to get another (better condition) front seat for my 56 SDV. I was wondering if there is a way to separate the top half. For example, you have the part where your back rests, then there is a huge thick metal trim strip, and then you have he back of the seat. Is if possible to replace just the front? Or is that entire seat one big huge part? Reason I ask, is the back of mine is near perfect, but the front needs done.
Thanks!

gary griffin

The bench is usually easy to remove by pushing it back about an inch to get the small guides (Do not know correct nomenclature) out of their nest and raising the front of the bench at the same time. Simple motion pushing back while applying upwards force. Sometimes only one side comes out, you have to push near the middle.

At least that is the way I have seen it in most GM cars! Not real sure about your year though.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Roger Zimmermann

Gary, the post is about the front seat, not the rear! I believer that the front seat back is attached with screws to the bottom. Otherwise, I dont' see how the upholstery could be installed.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

chstitans42

That is what I am thinking as well, there has to be a way to get it all apart!