News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

78 Eldorado at the Harrisburg Auction last night

Started by STS05lg, July 26, 2016, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STS05lg

I was watching the Harrisburg auction last night, as nothing else of interest was on TV, and the 78 Eldorado that was at the Central PA show at Hershey on the 16th of July went across the auction block (see attached photos).

She sold for $18,000…which was pretty good for a 78. However she had only 2,200 miles…. 

I would have thought Matt Garrett or Richard Sills would have added her to their collection.

They are still out there hiding in garages…. Looks like someone found one.

Also, a pale yellow 1962 Series 62 Coupe with roll up windows was bid to $30,000 and did not sell...

Best,

Lynn

TJ Hopland

So do you suppose the buyer is going to drive it or is it as a show / investment?   

You wonder if its still maybe too early for that car to have extra value being that low of miles?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Obviously the buyer thought it was worth that.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: STS05lg on July 26, 2016, 10:08:06 AM
I was watching the Harrisburg auction last night, as nothing else of interest was on TV, and the 78 Eldorado that was at the Central PA show at Hershey on the 16th of July went across the auction block (see attached photos).

She sold for $18,000…which was pretty good for a 78. However she had only 2,200 miles…. 

I would have thought Matt Garrett or Richard Sills would have added her to their collection.

They are still out there hiding in garages…. Looks like someone found one.

Also, a pale yellow 1962 Series 62 Coupe with roll up windows was bid to $30,000 and did not sell...

Best,

Lynn

Lynn...I agree $18K sounds cheap for almost any Cadillac with only 2,300 miles. Of course that assumes the condition of the car backs up the mileage. As we all know, extremely low mileage is no guarantee of perfection; poor storage can turn a zero mile car into a pile of junk as witnessed by a brand new 1957 Plymouth that had been interred underground in a concrete vault in Tulsa OK as sort of a time capsule / publicity stunt. With great fanfare it was raised in 2007 - by which time it turned into a 4000 lb hulk of rust.

That's an extreme example but you get the idea.

In any case, the photos you have posted are not of the 2,300 mile Eldorado that you mention. Those are pictures from the Annual Upper Susquehanna & Central PA inter-regional CLC at the AACA Museum in Hershey two weeks ago.

That's my black 1962 Coupe deVille parked directly in front of the Eldorado.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

dochawk

Assuming even adequate condition and storage, $18k for that sounds better than buying any 2016 with 2k miles . . .

1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)