News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964 Cadillac Limousine Series Seventy Five Air Conditioner Compressor Fits???

Started by 76Collector, July 30, 2016, 11:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76Collector

Does anyone know if all of the 1964 Air Conditioner Compressors are the same for the Series Seventy Five which has two air conditioners that run off the same compressor (one in the trunk for the rear passengers)?  I have been inquiring with merchants that sell the compressors however when I mention the Series Seventy Five Limousine they all say it won't work.  The Air Conditioning Compressor looks exactly the same as the Sedan Deville, Eldorado, Coupe Deville, Etc... Does anyone know if they are the same or really any different? 

TJ Hopland

Maybe the difference is something external like the hose connections? Something not real obvious like in and out reversed?  Mounts?   Pulley spacing? 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Glen

From the 1974 master parts book. 

Looks like you will need to get one with the same pully, clutch plate and connector configuration as you have or change them after you get your new one.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

TJ Hopland

So it looks to be the same compressor but there is something different about the pulley and clutch.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

russ austin

I have a used 64 ser 75 compressor on hand.  Send m an email and I will get the details between the ser 75 and the standard series.

russ85747@hotmail.com
R.Austin