News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

472 oil pickup tube gasket/o ring

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, August 23, 2016, 10:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I am trying to find the correct gasket and/or o ring for a 70 472. Napa doesn't have it in their database and I looked at the parts manual on the modified site with no luck (is it just me or is the print in those manuals getting smaller every year)?

Also, I know the tube is hard mounted to a stud but is there a measurement from say a bearing cap that I can use to be sure it doesn't sit too low?
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Scot Minesinger

Jeff,

For the gasket or O-ring on pick-up call maximum Torque in CA or the guy at 500cid.  Chasing it down thru a routine parts store may be risky.  If you look on Rockauto for a 1972 Eldorado front engine mount it shows a RWD mount and on the old cars you really have to be careful when ordering parts - pictures really help.

The pick-up tube is fixed and it sits at the bottom of the lower section of the pan.  There is no adjustment.  Inspect the tube to make sure it was not bent or kinked thus raising it.  If so it may be part of why the pan is difficult to remove.  If a used RWD pick up tube is not expensive for a 472, ask Max Torque to send you one just in case, so when pan is off your not down for days waiting on one.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty