News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Chrome service recommendations for 58 brougham

Started by 58ebbrougham, August 12, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58ebbrougham

I'm looking for a reliable, trustworthy, quality shop to redo all bumper pieces on my 58 EB and a few on my 58 Biarritz. Lots of horror stories on the shops in my area (Western Ohio) so I don't mind sending out, although within driving distance would be nice. I know the rears on the EB in particular are not something to be trusted in the hands of a novice shop.  I greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

58ebbrougham

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I've also heard good things about "Pauls" in my search.

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Yes, Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA does excellent work.
He's done a number of pieces for me and I've been very pleased.

He's actually about 20 minutes from my house.  I once loaded
my Suburban with a bunch of pieces for a car I was restoring and
it was an all around good experience when I got them back!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bill Ingler #7799

I also will recommend Pauls`s Chrome. He did my 47 Chrome       Bill

David King (kz78hy)

Chris at Advanced Custom Chrome in Eire, PA has done several EB bumpers and parts.  Good shop.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Bobby B

Paul's, Librandi's, Advanced, and Space Coast have all been good to me. No problems, Excellent work. ;)
                                                                                                                Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

35-709

Space Coast Plating is in Melbourne, FL, after doing 3 cars for me (the 3 listed below) I can recommend them too.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Bobby B

Quote from: David King  (kz78hy) on August 17, 2016, 06:14:28 PM
Chris at Advanced Custom Chrome in Eire, PA has done several EB bumpers and parts.  Good shop.

The Advanced I mentioned is in Tennessee. I didn't know there was one in Erie, PA.
                                                                                                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

N Kahn

Paul's in Pennsylvania did the fiberglass bumper on my 1961 Cadillac concept. If they can do plastic they can do aluminum too. They are very very good.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I would take pictures up the kazoo and also make an inventory list, with copies also to your attorney. And also give a set to the platers to be checked off when you pick things up. You don't have to be nasty, simply say that the parts are irreplaceable and you are taking precautions for everyone concerned. I have never used Paul's, but I do know that they have a very good reputation in the hobby. Good luck. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville