News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

VIN # history sites

Started by James Richard, August 16, 2016, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Richard

I have a '67 deVille convertible, and want to know if there is a site where I can submit my VIN# to find the vehicle's history. I have three small holes on the left of the trunk lid, across from the Cadillac script, and I'm assuming these holes are for the original dealer's script name. I would like to find the original dealer (if possible) to see if I can purchase that dealer script to install on the trunk lid.
~ James Czekalski

Vince Taliano #13852

Authenticate Your 1903 â€" 1970 Cadillac or LaSalle â€" a service of the GM Heritage Center

The GM Heritage Center is an affiliate of the General Motors Corporation. The GM Heritage Center and Allied Vaughn are not affiliated in any way with the Cadillac & LaSalle Club. Allied Vaughn is a tier one supplier to General Motors.

A copy of the factory record sheet showing the as-built configuration for 1903 â€" 1970 Cadillacs and 1927 â€" 1940 LaSalles is available for $US 50 from the General Motors Heritage Center. The information on the record sheet includes:

•original destination (1954 and earlier)
•paint color code
•trim code
•accessories
•component serial numbers

We’re sorry, 1968 record sheets are NOT available.

In addition, the GM Heritage Center has expanded the range of documentation offered for 1903 â€" 1970 models to include copies of Salesman’s Data Books, Operation Manuals, Optional Specifications, etc., as available.

PLEASE NOTE: Cadillac Motor Car Division was the vehicle wholesaler and did NOT have records of the original retail purchasers â€" only the dealership maintained retail sales records. SOME of the 1954 and earlier special order record sheets list the name of the person who ordered the car. In general, it is NOT possible for the GM Heritage Center to determine the name of the original owner of your vehicle.

Please remember, as described above, 1968 record sheets are NOT available. Original owner records are generally NOT available.

To order a copy of the factory record sheet of your vehicle:
•Visit: https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive
•Provide the vehicle data â€" year, style #, body # and serial/VIN # (e.g. 1941, style 6219D, Body 1286, serial 8342240). All Cadillacs and LaSalles are recorded by the original engine serial number; without that number, the GM Heritage Center cannot process your order and has no choice but to return your request.
•Include a check or money order (PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH) in US funds for $50 payable to Allied Vaughn as The GM Cadillac Collection service is now managed by Allied Vaughn. You may also  email moc.evihcraaidemmg@eciovnielcihev or call 734-261-5086 and pay by credit card (Visa, M/C, Amex).
•Mail to:Allied Vaughn
Attn: GM Vehicle Invoice & Cadillac Collection
11923 Brookfield
Livonia, MI. 48150
USA

The GM Heritage Center is an affiliate of the General Motors Corporation. The GM Heritage Center and Allied Vaughn are not affiliated in any way with the Cadillac & LaSalle Club. Allied Vaughn is a tier one supplier to General Motors.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

James Richard

Thanks very much for the reply, I will contact them. I also need wiring schematics, as I'm having trouble with the electrical for the air conditioning to blow the air into the car. I have defrost and vent fans working, but no fan for the air conditioning. We're in the middle of it, and we need diagram help. Does anyone know the best place to obtain this information?

D.Smith

Factory shop/service manuals are a must-have.   They are easy to find on Ebay or at swap meets.   You can also get digital copies on disc now too.

Keep in mind that History package offered above will not tell you what dealer the car was sent to or who bought it.  Other than doing Title searches at the DMV you won't find any history.  And most DMVs won't bother with old record searches.

James Richard

Okay, thanks very much for the help and info - I really appreciate it. I will check into those places for what I need.