News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Started by coatscaddy, August 17, 2016, 06:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coatscaddy

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I guess I should have done an introduction prior to using the wanted to buy section. Anyway, I am new to the older Cadillacs. Just purchased a 1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 70 series in pieces. It was disassembled in 1962 and been in storage since. Owner spent years collecting things for the car but never put anything back together. Hope to assemble starting this fall.

Yagi

Welcome to the forum! There is a ton of great information here.

I am in a similar situation as you, just started on a 1941 that was kept in a barn since the early 60s.

Unfortunately the flathead in mine has been rusted internally and a few of the valves and seats are ruined.

The biggest issue so far it seems is just having the time to work on the car.

C. Weiss