News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The case for Classic Auto Clubs

Started by arch62, August 28, 2016, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch62

Just thought I would share an observation from a firsthand experience recently that truly exemplifies the character and dedication of members in many clubs.

Have been on a nationwide hunt for two years tracking down a 62 Caddy to enjoy. Found many on several auto websites large and small. Finally found one on a national website. Price was a bit high but had all the items and color I wanted. Followed it for a month then made an offer, which was close but the owner said not interested in going that low …yet.

Noticed after two months it was no longer on there so searched around and found it on a CL ad in CA. Followed up again with the owner and this time the price was agreed on contingent on a drive and inspection.

To cover the limited travel time frame available to me from across the country, I secured a storage and a transport company on standby in case the sale falls through.

I then had to find an inspection service with a qualified ASE mechanic that also has some knowledge of this classic type car. After talking to several unqualified ones, I decided why not contact a local car club that may have the person I need. After checking with two, I found that one is more than happy to assist in any way and went out of their way to recommend one that did assist me.

As a side note due to the distance involved I suggested the seller drive the vehicle to their mechanics lift equipped shop location which would also prove its roadworthiness to possibly drive it back home. As it turned out the seller had an unethical behavior and was not very cooperative and changed his mind about allowing inspections and test drives. Mind you the members were willing to travel with their mechanic to the seller, compensated of course, to assist me.

The case for becoming members of a Classic Auto Club is not only the mutual enjoyment of the eye candy, literature and awards. It’s also the comradery and the pure passion of assisting other potential car owners that share that passion. I am truly impressed of how unselfish members are as they promote the friendship of people interested in and support the ownership of these fine cars.

Will continue my hunt, although now I may look more closely to the many friendly club members who would be interested in selling.  I hope we all see the benefit of joining and promoting the values of these clubs. BTW…the same can be said about forum members.

76eldo

Here's a very nice 62 convertible that you can buy for $20,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Other-/252508362967?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3acaabd8d7:g:UgYAAOSwqfNXn~gE&item=252508362967

Reserve has been met and the auction ends tonight.

I am a long time CLC member and also inspect and purchase cars for other parties.  I am selling this for a family friend and it's a very nice driver.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

arch62

Brian, it was on my radar last Saturday. Very nice. Prefer white or black....for now.
Good luck with the sale and a better bidder.
Pete

Scot Minesinger

Brian,

Wish I had space for that car.  It has the, very desirable to me, body side anti-door ding moldings option that are fairly rare. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

76eldo

The car met the reserve and sold on ebay last night.  Deposit was received, so it looks like a legitimate sale. 

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv