News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Cruise Control Unit Internal Part Mystery- SOLVED

Started by P. Manoogian, August 27, 2016, 04:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P. Manoogian

Upon removing the cover for my 61 cruise control unit this small 2 inch metal clip fell out. Does anyone recognize it and where it goes? I realize this is a long shot but I thought I'd try. Thank you very much.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather

savemy67

Hello Peter,

I've been looking for that part for years :).  Thanks for finding it :).

I don't have a '61 shop manual, and I don't recognize that part from the '64 and '67 manuals that I do have.  I'm sue someone will reply.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Gary W Thorne

That metal clip is placed across the end of the rod assembly that holds/fits over the large end of the tapered spring, holding the spring in place by inserting & bending the ends of the clip around the spring.

See the attached pic where I have identified the clip placement.

P. Manoogian

Gary, I am truly appreciate of the time you took to solve this mystery. That explains why upon removal of the cover the clip just fell out. You save me a whole lot of time and shipping expenses. Good luck to you and your projects. Project karma will come your way!
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather