News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

eldo tire valve stems

Started by Viator Trudeau, August 28, 2016, 08:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator Trudeau

With two front tires to be mounted this week I asked about the rubber washer seals.  The holes in the spare wheels I have for the valve stems are 13/16 "dia..  pictures of the stem mounts are much smaller in dia.   I have 3or 4
stems with out the rubber washers. for eldo wheels  I musr be missing something!!! Is there a washer of some kind or adaptor to the larger hole.
Can some one help me on this.    Thanks

V.Trudeau

TJ Hopland

The holes are bigger than a typical stem but 13/16 seems really big.   I wonder if someone modified those wheel to fit some sort of HD truck stem?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

J. Skelly

Hello Viator,

I recently bought new tires for my '77 Eldo and had already ordered new valve assemblies from NAPA.  The part number is 90-417.  They were on sale for $7.19 apiece plus tax.  I've seen sets advertised on the internet for $19.99, but don't know if the quality is the same as what I purchased.   

The washer you are referring to is not flat.  Try to picture a large diameter flat washer resting against the base of the valve assembly, with a  smaller diameter flat washer surrounded the threads stacked on top of that.  I had also considered just replacing the washer, but have never seen such a washer available at a hardware store.         
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Viator Trudeau

This note is for T.Js eyes only, after looking over my stash of ELDO/TORO wheels saw the 13/16" dia holes is for the end of the stem to pass thru the wheel  only.  The 1/2" dia. hole is in the middle of the flat area of the wheel is where the threaded end of steam goes thru.  Mystery solved

V.Trudeau

TJ Hopland

Good to hear that someone didn't drill out your wheels.    That would be a big hole to fill. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason