News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Headlight problem....update, fixed......

Started by 55 cadi, September 14, 2016, 07:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55 cadi

Hello,

My headlights are only working on one beam, can't tell which beam is on, high or low.

What would cause only one to work?

I need to figure out because I need it to work in the next 2 weeks to pass registration inspection.

Thanks
Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

Dave Shepherd

Check for voltage on the high and low beam connectors, toggle the dimmer switch while checking.

J. Gomez

Jason,

Since you do not have the Autronic Eye option the only possibility is a bad foot switch.

The “Light Blue” wire should be connected to the “B” terminal on the foot switch, this is the +12V from the headlight switch. The low beam “tan” would go to terminal 1 while the high beam “light green” would go to terminal 2, this also extends over to the dash High beam indicator.

If your high beam indicator is not lit on the dash board most likely you have the low beams on.  ???

Good luck..!

J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Fred Pennington 25635

The foot switches are notorious for dirty contacts with infrequent use.
Just cycle the switch about 20 to 50 times and it will most likely start working.

Good luck
Fred Pennington, CLC 25635
1940, LaSalle 5019
1940 LaSalle 5019 parts car
1968 Ford Bronco
1973 Mustang Convertible
2012 Shelby GT500

55 cadi

Found the problem,  a wire came off of the switch.

Found it when I went to replace looked from under car and saw the disconnected wire, hooked it back up and works again.
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville