News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Outlet codes from Allied

Started by charlie mckenna, September 15, 2016, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie mckenna

Looking at my report I recieved from Allied about the history of my 60 CDV, the outlet code is 880111,NY,NY. What does this refer to,is this the distribution point ? Can the selling dealership be found from this info. Any help?

Chuck Patton

Hello Charlie

Glad to read of your interest in the history of your Cadillac.  Allied Vaughn is a valuable research asset to General Motors automobile owners.  The data they provide serves as provenance for our cars.  The 880111 outlet code is for a Wholesale Distributor who may have sold the vehicle or acted as an intermediary to another dealer.  To learn more I would recommend that you consult the expert in this area CLC Member Tom Hall.  He is a champion person.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

Tom Hall 7485

Thank you, Mr. Patton.

Mr. McKenna, you are right; 880111 is a code for New York, New York. 

(Had you been asking what dealer that code signifies, and if I have it in my database, I would have asked you to make a tax-deductible payment to the CLC Museum and Research Center.  Since you already know it's New York City, I won't.)

It's the dealer/distributor based in Manhattan.  Because of the time frame, we cannot tell from that number alone whether your car was retailed there, or whether it was sold at wholesale to a dealer in its territory.  Either way, we are talking about the New York Branch, which was owned and operated by GM at that time. 

Please contact me by personal message (PM) if you have a question or some additional clues about where your car went.  You are a CLC member?
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.