News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC Thank You (Bob Edrington)

Started by acedriale, September 15, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acedriale

My Dad (Robert Edrington, CLC Member #840) passed away in August after a long and fulfilling life, which was enriched by his love of Cadillacs and the camaraderie provided through the Cadillac Lasalle Club.  In addition to being a Cadillac man at heart, my Dad very much enjoyed photography.  I would say a solid 85% of his pictures are of Cadillacs, many of them taken during the tours and Grand Nationals he attended with my Mom by his side.  He truly enjoyed being part of the CLC and meeting new people at the events and on the tours.  The highlight of his month was getting the new Self Starter in the mail; he may have a near complete collection for the past 35+ years.

Dad was passionate about doing his own work on his vehicles and was also a firm believer in enjoying the experience of driving his cars, whether it be around town, to shows, or even across country on the tours.  He was a stickler for details and making sure his cars were "right".  One exception to this rule was my first car, where we gave a rusted out '76 Coupe de Ville "Junker" a short-lived 2nd life as a "Bondo Baby."

Dad was fortunate to have at one point or another owned some of his favorite vehicles.  During his time with the hobby, his favorite was a black '41 Convertible Coupe that he sold when relocating from Chicago to Indiana in the late '80s.  A couple of years ago he also parted ways with his 1953 Eldorado (also black), which was a special car. He was recently nearing completion with his restoration of a '55 Eldorado (also black) - his most ambitious undertaking - that his health didn't allow for him to complete. We are tentatively planning to complete that restoration, perhaps with some of your sage advice! It is a wonderful hobby and many of my happiest memories are from working on cars with my Dad and enjoying the fruits of that labor via convertible rides through the countryside.

We are starting the process of finding new homes for some of Dad's vehicles, as I unfortunately do not have the facilities to properly care for the full brood.  In case CLC Members are interested in a specific vehicle, I' thought I'd share the list here.  Feel free to direct message me if you would like more information.  I am also happy to move this over to the "For Sale" section if the moderators deem that more appropriate.

1954 Coupe de Ville, CLC First (T6, 2011 Grand Nationals)
1959 Series 62 Convertible, Persian Sand
1974 Coupe de Ville, One Owner, CLC First Place - a spectacular car, complete documentation since birth
1976 Fleetwood Eldorado Bicentennial Edition, ~6K miles
1981 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, One Owner, Fully Optioned, fully functional 4-6-8, factory wire wheels. Complete documentation since birth.
1991 Brougham, ~60K miles, CLC First Place

Alex E. (Norfolk, Virginia)
A. Edrington

'55 Eldorado

chrisntam

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, very nice write up and thanks for sharing that with us.  Good to hear you are going to complete the restoration, I'm sure you'll make him proud!

That '59 is in my favorite color of those cars, I bet you hate to see it (and them) go.  As you know, we are only stewards of our cars, enjoying and preserving them for future owners.

Prayers for you and your family.

:(
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

My sympathies on your loss. Sounds like your dad was someone I would have liked to have met.

Good luck with the cars.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv