News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Series 62 Coupe/Conv sill plate part number

Started by gcjohns, September 20, 2016, 03:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcjohns

I have a pair of what appear to be NOS sill plates for a 56 2 door that I bought at an estate auction.  I could not afford the car itself but did win a pair in their original Cadillac wrapping.  Can anyone confirm the Cadillac part number on one sill plate is 4653293-E ? The packages for the sill plates were opened and I wanted to determine whether these are original, or reproductions stuffed in the Cadillac packaging.

Roger Zimmermann

The number you are giving: 4653293 is for a LH scuff plate installed on 55 and 56 coupes & convertibles, except Eldo models.
If that number is really on the sill plate, you may have an original part, which is 100% better than the repros.
A picture from that plate (especially at the ends) may be the way to be sure.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101