News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

56 lower dash color question

Started by stzomah, September 21, 2016, 10:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stzomah

I have the CLC Authenticity Manual and the color chart for 56 shows an * by Alpine White for "Used On Interior".  I have a paint code 12 (Canyon Gray) on my body plate but the car was repainted back in 1980 using "56 Cadillac white" paint.  Anyway, regardless of the outside color, what is correct paint for a white lower "metal" section of the dash?  Can anyone verify it's Alpine White or the outside body paint code, in my case "Canyon Gray".  The parts are at the painter now, I need a response rather quickly.  Thanks in advance.
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

Mike Baillargeon #15848

W, as you drill down into the paintref website for colors used............It looks like the Alpine White color was used as an interior color.

Take a look and see if that make any sense.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=GM&model=Cadillac&year=1956&con=myo&page=1&rows=50&size=large

Mike  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

stzomah

Mike, that agrees with what I'm reading in the AM as * designation.  The Canyon Gray is an off white color and I suppose it will clash a bit when the doors are open and you can see both colors at the same time?  The original interior was blue cloth and white leather/vinyl.  It was probably more correct to have the white part of the seats match the dashboard than being concerned with the outside color?  Looks like Alpine White will keep the car original.  The painter said he will get some Alpine White and spray some to see how much difference there is with the existing paint.  Since that is 60 years old, I suppose some yellowing will have happened?  Thanks for the quick reply Mike.  Regards, Wayne
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975