News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What color green is this?

Started by CadillacRob, September 18, 2016, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacRob

Thinking this is the color I'd like to paint my 56.   Whether a white or dark roof I havent decided.  But whats the name of this color green?  Thanks
1950 series 61 sedan
1956 coupe de ville

Glen

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Rob,

Assuming the paint on the '54, '55 and '56 models shown is original, they are different colors.
The '56 is Duchess Green and the lightest of the three
The '54 is Shoal Green almost as light but a  bit brighter
The '55 is Mist Green, more intense by a bit and brightest by far, closer to a mint green hue.

HTH
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

chrisntam

Hey Glen,

Thanks for posting the link to the color chart, that is a pretty impressive link!

Already have it saved in favorites.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Mike Wenrich #1666

Trying to find the company it appears the link goes to TCP Global.  Is that the sponsor of the site and where you can go to order paint?  I was a little (well okay, a lot) confused on whether the paint for my car is available or if it's only the paint chip that is available.

P W Allen CLC# 20193

My 53 is that color, but in 53 they called it Gloss Green. The upper color is Forest Green.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

fishnjim

You should be able to cross the original Ditzler paint code to a modern mix at a good paint counter.   But may not be exactly as the original surface since it's lacquer.
Yes, TCP Global sells paint.

Dan LeBlanc

Paul

I'm hoping to see your car one of these days - camera in hand.  I'll want to photograph a lot of things to get a benchmark for my 53 Fleetwood (which I still haven't touched yet).
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Dan,

I have lots of photos. I'll gladly provide what you need.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

CadillacRob

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input!  I keep going back and forth between the green and pale yellow and white/black for the roof.  So far the green seems to best incorporate a correct 50's kind of flavor, while feeling mildly custom, and has a good "wow factor" going down the road. 8)
1950 series 61 sedan
1956 coupe de ville