News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Best interior design

Started by James Landi, September 24, 2016, 11:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

Cadillac has always designed such inviting interiors.  Various soft goods and ergonomically designed switch gear and readouts where top of the line.  What are some of your favorites through various decades?

savemy67

Hello James,

I like the steering wheel rim horn "button" on the '69s.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Scot Minesinger

The 1969 and 1970 seats, that had a real high back are really nice, in particular the 1969 Fleetwood upholstery pattern.  Like the 1974-76 dash boards.  The pillow upholstered seats starting in mid 1970's carried thru into the 1980's was also very inviting.  Really liked the leather seats in my 1995 Fleetwood (94 and 96 were similar), the leather in our 96 chevy was no comparison.  Hard to choose which is my favorite.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

chrisntam

When did Cadillac integrate cup holders to the interior?  That's when we can start talking about best interior design.  Mid '80s?  Trash receptacles?  Mid '70s?  Places for our everyday stuff.

Did we not have trash or drinks in cars until then?

Or is our lifestyle different now?  Overhead & gate openers need to be placed somewhere.  Pens, coins, drinks, trash have no temporary home in my '70.  I put change in the ash tray, but getting any out is nearly impossible.

One of the projects on my list is to make a console that will house an aftermarket radio, have two cup holders and a place for other "stuff".    That's a fall/winter project.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

64\/54Cadillacking

I also love the 65 dash design. It has a throwback look to the 50's somewhat, and I do like how the passenger side curves inward, this allows for even more leg/knee room and it just looks so cool.

Any Cad interiors from the 50's looks glamorous, and interiors up until 66 look the most exciting and have the best interior quality. Interiors of the 74-76's were also very nice and comfortable, I really like the sweeping dash and chrome vent housing compared to the 71-73 models which IMO were ugly. 80's Broughams were cool too, a lot more plasti chrome that looked nice, but they are in no way as sexy and youthful as the cars that came before them. More Mafioso, Godfather in overall design which is still awesome.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Greg Powers

I am a huge fan of the fabrics used in the interiors of the all the different models from the late fifties  to the late seventies. The intricate incorporation of  the Cadillac "V"  in the designs of the late fifties, the use of the metallic thread in the late  fifties, the numerous subdued patterns of the sixties, and the luxurious brocades of the seventies were always synonymous with Cadillac. The color palette only added to the beauty. A far cry from the beige, grey and black of today's interiors.
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!