News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Armature rebuilding for 1920 Cadillac

Started by Bill Caddyshack, October 02, 2016, 11:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Caddyshack

Had a very difficult finding someone able to rebuild my starter/generator armature for my 1920 Cadillac. Finally found Romaine Electric in Washington state.

Troy Cosby
Romaine Electric | Director
8811 S 208th St | Kent, WA 98031 | 425.264.1702 | Fax: 206.374.2118

http://romaineelectric.com/

Carl Fielding

Hi , Bill , yeah , Romaine has been around a long time here. Very good , as you found out. I am curious whether they are at all backed up these days : what was the turnaround time on your armature ? Thanks , Carl

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: Carl Fielding on October 03, 2016, 03:06:54 AM
Hi , Bill , yeah , Romaine has been around a long time here. Very good , as you found out. I am curious whether they are at all backed up these days : what was the turnaround time on your armature ? Thanks , Carl

They took about 60 days. They several reworked it and then it failed to pass their inspection causing delays. The armature looks great and am eager to get the car running. But I am happy with it and would use them again as they were the only people who understood about this armature. I had to make multiple calls and emails. Finally they finished it.

I showed it to 9 local generator/starters shop in Georgia, specializing in antique cars and they all just shook their heads and did not have a clue about it.