News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1970-1980 to be published; need photos!

Started by RobN, October 05, 2016, 02:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobN

Dear Fellow Club Members,
  My name is Rob Newbrough. I am writing a book that covers Cadillac cars--all models--from 1970-1980. The book is written and due to go to the publisher by 12-31-16. While I have many wonderful photos and have received a great deal of support from club members, I can still use high quality/high resolution photos of cars from this era. Thus far, no book has been written that specifically focuses in depth on this decade of Cadillac automobiles. I particularly need photos of cars from 1970-1973 and 1980 (especially a well preserved Seville Elegante). I could use some nice photos of a 1979 Eldo Biarritz too.
  With respect to images, I like to have front, rear, side, front to rear angle, and rear to front angle, interior (front and rear seats/dash etc., and other pics that show important aspects of a particular car. Images must be high resolution (ie the highest setting on your camera), well centered and have good lighting. Leave some space on the sides of the photos and at the top and bottom for editing purposes. Please make sure that no debris or items are on the seats or near the car. Look around the car before you start shooting. Old fashion film photos are perfectly fine too. Avoid having people in the photos unless they are friends and family; I am not opposed to including candid photos in the book.
  If you want your "pride and joy" to appear in a book, now is your chance! I have a lot of latitude  with the publisher  with respect to photos that I want included. So I can show pictures of more than one example of a particular model. If your pictures are good enough, there is an excellent chance that your car will get in. You will receive credit in the captions, so I will need to know exactly how you wish to receive credit.
  I am a physician by trade. I write for fun and not for profit. My goal is to produce the BEST book possible! When the book comes out, I can offer those who contribute a book with a 40% discount (my cost). The price of the book has not been set. It will be a very large coffee table style book. Please write me if you have questions, and I can tell you more about how to send me pictures.
If you live near Philadelphia, PA or Morgantown, WV, it might be possible for me to stop by and shoot pictures of your car.

THANKS for any help you can offer,

Robert Newbrough
psych611@verizon.net

rlachance

Scot Minesinger

You can't miss this car in your book.  I'm restoring the only authorized by Cadillac 4 door convertible built after WWII, a 1970 Cadillac.

Also I have nice examples of a red 1970 DVC and a silver with dark blue top 1970 SDV.

BTW it would be great to buy a copy, let me know.  My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net, best to reach me that way than PM.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

STS05lg

Here are the three of mine. Best, Lynn

NickD

Hi. I have a 1978 McClain flower car. I live in King of Prussia, PA. I attached a few pics.

RobN

:)   
This is a general response to the individuals who have thus far so graciously provided me with pictures of their fine automobiles!
To show the images properly, the resolution needs to be in the 2 to 9 MB range (the higher the better). Images in the KB range are quite small and can not be easily enlarged. If you have full size images available, please email them to me one or two at a time to

Psych611@verizon.net

Websites like forums will often only, understandably, accept small sized images to save space on the site. All of the pictures that I have received so far here are very cool and potentially useable, but the resolution of the images will only permit me to blow them up to 3 x 5 inches (maybe 4 x 6)  before they start to fall apart.

The best way to get in touch with me quickly is by the above email. I check the forum periodically, butâ€"truthfullyâ€"I am not very good at navigating internet forums. It took me about 10 minutes just to find my own postâ€"ha ha!

Thanks again. I will be attempting to contact all of you individually.

Best,

Rob Newbrough

RobW

my 73 coupe deville
Rob Wirsing

RobW

my 73 coupe deville
Rob Wirsing

RobW

my 73 coupe
Rob Wirsing

RobW