News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Eldorado vinyl top

Started by DanishEldoradoFan, October 16, 2016, 04:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanishEldoradoFan

Hi

I have a 72 eldorado - all original, and i want to keep it that way :o)

My convertible top is the original from 72, and it was white. Today it is more grey than white. I have tryed to paint it with HPC Vinyl paint, but it wont last - anyone out there tryed to paint vinyl, and can guide me to how to get it to last?? How do you clean the vinyl before paint??
Niels, Denmark

DanishEldoradoFan

My car :o)
Niels, Denmark

The Tassie Devil(le)

Nice car.   Are you sure that it is original?  The side striping is not Factory.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

DanishEldoradoFan

The side striping is someting i made last winter, when i had the top off for renovation. cleaning and painting :o) Yes, it is the original top.
Niels, Denmark

55 cadi

Here in the "states" there are professionals that can spray die the top and it would last quit a while, I have had interior done and after a year on the seat I didn't see any wear.
You probably have someone there that does it, check with dealerships, they usually have someone they call when they need to freshen up a car for resale if that's the only thing bad about it
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville