News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Sadan AC

Started by caddie c, October 17, 2016, 06:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddie c

Does anyone have or know were to find parts for a 1956 ac controller, switch,rheostat and driver side fan motor,or know how to restore the electrical.Thank you

J. Gomez

Johnson,

Which pieces are you referring the fan speed control rheostats or the temp control rheostat?

If you have the A/C dash control the fan speed controls can be clean and put back if the element still intact, I just refurbished one not too long ago.

If the temp control rheostat insulator in broken or the wiper on the lever which rides the temp control is bad, then it will be a bit more difficult to get them back.  :(

Any pictures you can share of yours?   ???
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

caddie c

did you take rheostats apart or cleaned them intact with electrical cleaner,my rheostats are not broken was not getting ohm readings.My driver side blower motor not working passenger side appears to be OK.will post pictures tomorrow camera not connecting.