News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1953 cadillac series 62 horn not working.

Started by mooman929, October 20, 2016, 06:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooman929

Hello brought my great grandfather's caddy back to life 2 years ago and I'm ready to get the horn working. I have a new relay but the original wires were bad and weren't hooked to the relay. I took the steering wheel button off and found the wire feeding down through the steering column.  Any idea where this goes or what wires connect to the really to make the horns work?  I have the horns off the car and tried running direct 12v to them and they don't seem to work so was thinking of just installing air horns but want to use the original steering wheel button.  Thanks in advance

BillR. CLC # 29203

Ross,

$10.00 ,might be a good investment for this wiring chart offered on eBay..  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Cadillac-EIGHT-Series-60S-62-and-75-Models-AEA-Tune-Up-Wiring-Chart-/122150799063?hash=item1c70c146d7:g:OZ8AAOSwPhdVCrHx&vxp=mtr

I could copy you the section of the '59 Shop Manual that pertains to the horn, pg. 12-41 and 12-42 if you think it might help on your '53.

Bill
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

bullet bob

If you don't have anything by this weekend, I'll take a look at my shop manual and see what's there. Today's project is installing an electronic fuel pump with my brother. Old cars and family. Doesn't get any better that this!
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

mooman929

thanks.  I noticed a wire in the engine compartment on  the bottom of the steering column, is this the wire clipped to that for the horn going to the relay?  it kind of goes into the main group of wires on the firewall heading towards the relay. 

bullet bob

Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

mooman929