News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 DVC climate control parts, China syndrom

Started by Scot Minesinger, October 22, 2016, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Thank you Wes for the positive post.  Look at all those things that you DON'T HAVE TO GET at Walmart.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadillac ken

Good for you Wes!  And thanks for the web address.  Very cool.

I also manufacture and sell some "old car" products of my own design.  I could increase profits if I sent them out of the country to be made but I will not do it just for the greed of a few more dollars.  I have manufactures I have dealt with for years and have built some great relationships right here in the USA.  Below is the text in the flyer I include with my products: 

THANK YOU FOR BUYING A PRODUCT MADE HERE IN THE USA
TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR PURCHASE
YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS WORKING AND HELPS OUR COUNTRY TO STAY STRONG AND INDEPENDENT BY KEEPING JOBS RIGHT HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
BE PROUD OF AMERICAN QUALITY

It's time we become the paragon of quality again. 

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Not to dig up this old thread, but in regards to the comments on tools;
Can we say Snap-on or Matco boys and girls?
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Scot Minesinger

Update:  Installed the hot water control valve after testing it first and it installed Wednesday night.  Since they are only $19, bought an extra (have 3 cars that this fits).  Then the switch behind alternator that waits until car is warmed up to allow heat to start (makes ground at 140'F) after 46 years stopping working.  I grounded it and now I'm back with climate control, albeit without a delay.  However it is stored in a conditioned garage and not driven in extreme cold, so no matter.  Can't complain about an original part.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty