News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hemming's Find of the Day

Started by Chris Conklin, October 25, 2016, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Jeff Wilk

The sellers description is highly suspicious and inaccurate. First he states only 200 made. Then he states it is a one of a kind. Next ha states that it was built by Traditional Coachworks. Then he states it was a Caribou influence. He does not have his facts and is pasting together bits and pieces of other car history. 

Ive done the research and know the facts about some of what is being claimed incorrectly for this car. Traditional Coachworks did built roughly 200(204 to be exact) cadillac Mirages (the Cadillac El Camino to some). They only built it in 1975 @ 1976 and built it on a Coupe DeVille Chasis. They also built the Castillian Station Wagon off a Fleetwood Brougham. This car is not one of them.

All that said it is real neat and not priced out of line for all that custom work. Somebody will have a sweet ride!

Fyi.....here is a 1976 Factory authorized Cadillac Mirage:

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

oldcarguy

Good looking ride, It seems like Caribou? or whoever, did a really nice job on the conversion. But I can't believe they were the ones putting on the truck mirrors! I also think the paint and upholstery were done later.
Anyway, pretty sharp!
Don Ford

1941 SERIES 6219D
2017 XTS
Others:
1949 Mercury coupe
1964 Pontiac LeMans
1959 Chevy Impala

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
I like it. If I owned it the FIRST thing I'd do is smash those butt ugly mirrors. The second thing would be the exhaust pipes. LOL!!!
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Just found this one on an Indiana craigslist.

It kind of looks like a flower car.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5843981708.html

Mike   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

Jeff Wilk

Ouch......not sure if this abandoned custom job is even worth the asking price in parts.........IMO.....

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

jdemerson

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on October 25, 2016, 06:12:45 PM
Guys,
I like it. If I owned it the FIRST thing I'd do is smash those butt ugly mirrors. The second thing would be the exhaust pipes. LOL!!!
Bob
A strong second for Bob's three comments. Overall it is impressive and even striking (though I generally don't care for custom jobs). The mirrors and the pipes definitely detract -- but those are very easy to fix.

Also, thank you to Jeff for posting very nice photos of the '76 Mirage.

John
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Scot Minesinger

Also agree with Bob, the mirrors and exhaust pipes have got to go, but I like the car otherwise.  Need to see it up close and drive it of course.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cadillac ken

Not a fan of the '68 "conversion".  The eldo's have too short a deck to make into a "pick up/camino" for my tastes.  Proportions don't look right to me.

But while we're at it... here's my "conversion" of a '58 Sedan De Ville (installed a Coupe windshield and frame to get the roof lower and sleeker)  Not finished yet...