News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Long-time Caddy aficionado seeks 1st car

Started by Caddyshark1, October 24, 2016, 12:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fielding

Yeah , I am starting to be skeptical about the '75. I had just checked Seattle C.L. and this one popped up having been posted 7 hours earlier. Welllllll , I just checked the rest of the almost 400 listings, and there it was , farther down , having been posted 30 days ago. I have not checked Seattle C.L. in probably a year or so. I have bought my last car , so no sense wasting time. Therefore this car may have been on the market for quite some time. We all know how that goes. Any way it was kind of a thrill thinking I had just stumbled across a just posted treasure. Hmmmmmm , I might look at it since I sent my phone number. But maybe the odometer has already turned over , etc.  - Carl

66 Eldo

Carl Fielding

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5831873737.html

I don't know about the '75 , they have clipped $500 off the price today. I would still like to see it , but the thrill is gone for now. BUT CHECK THIS OUT ! Total cleanliness. I called. Fills replaced (PITA) , and professionally painted pearlescent white ! Everything works but the clock. I like the wheels a lot , and dual exhaust does more for me than a sunroof , but it has one of those , too. He is the second owner , always garage kept. New A/C compressor , 134 , new radiator and water pump. Jeff , I want to see this car , hopefully this weekend. I would have to take a ferry , and don't want to go if it is raining. And then there is this Chicago ex pat's dog in the fight for only the second time in my life. Maybe I'll go Monday. I wish uncle Fred who played AAA ball could be at Wrigley. As long as I am wishing for the impossible , I wish I had it together to own this beauty myself. I absolutely LOVE this car. The big Eldo coupes are so much tighter and quieter at any speed than the droptops. But reality means this car should come into CLC in other hands. The gentleman who owns the car works O.T. at the U.S.N. shipyard , Bremerton. He is saving to buy a house , so his Cad has to go. However , at 7 , I don't think 5 would take it. 6 ? Yeah , I suppose , maybe. But I really don't have anything to do with it. I am in it for the thrill of the hunt , and only ask that the people I put together buy me lunch or dinner. So in this case , I would probably suggest that I report back to the forum , and Jeff have first crack at it if possible. If someone wants it , I think they should make the offer. If that paint is as good as it looks , that alone could be worth the price , particularly in that the fills are done at the same time. This appears to be the nicest Eldo coupe I have ever seen. If it is as it seems , this one really is worth traveling for to the right person. What do you think , Jeff ? Guys ?  - CC

The Tassie Devil(le)

Man, I would buy it just for the wheels.   The same as what I am running on my '72.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon