News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1973 Eldorado convertible windows

Started by kkkaiser, October 26, 2016, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkkaiser

Hi,  new here.  just found site.

I am working on a 73 eldo.  I got my windows working after replacing some motors, and so on, and have replaced the window belt line felts, others were rock hard and/or cracked and breaking off. Also replaced the window pillar rubber on the back seat windows and the rubbers on both door and back panel where window goes down in to panel.

I have had it under a cover due to no windows, so today, i was washing roof, and water run off was going down windows to the belt line felt as it should, then it would run front to back on door window and back to front on back window.. However, i noted the water was running down the back window to the felt, and directly into the cavity where the window goes.  then, it comes out of body under the panel.. Now is that correct,, i wouldnt think so, but I dont have a photograph of a functioning door window set up or the proper rubber placements as they were in such terrible shape when i got it, that i can use as a base.  I have scoured the google search for 73 eldos and only a couple little corner shots that dont really give me a reference, except that it does appear that the rubber is cut on the center to form a channel for the window to slot into.  Should i cut that,, ?

better yet,,are there any eldo 73 owners that might could shoot me a couple of pictures of that intersection of the doors or of the back of the door were there driver window goes down and a good shot of the rubber configuration on the back window where it meet the window pillar..

I would really appreciate it,,,

and again,, thanks,,