News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Windshield wiper switch

Started by Amanda, October 30, 2016, 01:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda

This is a silly question, but can anyone tell me or show me a picture of where the switch is to turn on the windshield wipers of a 1955 series 75 Fleetwood limo? I just had my car delivered yesterday and none of the knobs and switches will operate the wipers. Not sure if it just doesn't work or I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks!!

Glen

This is from the 1954 Cadillac owners manual but is probably the same as the 55.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Amanda,

If I am not mistaken, the '55 wipers run via engine vacuum.   I don't believe that Cadillac got Electric Wipers until 1958.

The engine has to be running, and the Wiper Control Knob on the dashboard is cable controlling the vacuum slider on the Wiper "Motor".

Bruce. >:D

PS.   You have an email that requires your attention.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on October 30, 2016, 02:25:55 AM

If I am not mistaken, the '55 wipers run via engine vacuum.   I don't believe that Cadillac got Electric Wipers until 1958.
Bruce, the first electric wipers at Cadillac came for the 1959 MY.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101