News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Member- Need help, how many 1957 Eldorado Biarritz came in triple green?

Started by Classic Car Room, November 01, 2016, 09:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic Car Room

Hi,

Thanks everyone for letting me join forum. I have a 1957 Eldorado Biarritz and wanted to find out how many of the 1800 made came in triple green (Elysian Green). I believe that is the same colors as the first 57 Biarritz made.

This is info on my trim tag:
Trim- 17 Y -  Lt Green Metallic Leather; same sidewalls
Paint- 96 - Elysian Green Metallic
Top- 9 -  Elysian Green

Or does anyone know who to contact to find out or if there is more information somewhere on the web.
I really appreciate any help or knowledge shared.

Thanks, Dave
1957 Coupe DeVille

Chuck Patton

Hello Dave

Welcome to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum!  I would like to congratulate you on your acquistion.  Please accept these suggestions:
(1) Join our CLC National organization and a Region near your residence to receive our world renown Self Starter magazine, and the joyful camaraderie of membership
(2) Acquire the Cadillac Service and Shop Manuals for your vehicle
(3) Acquire the Cadillacs of the Fifties by Roy Schneider
(4) Obtain a build sheet for your vehicle from Allied Vaughn
(5) Become a benefactor of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center to have access to historic literature from Cadillac.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

Barry M Wheeler #2189

HI, Welcome,

Unfortunately, there is no paper trail for the information you wanted at this late date. GM did keep specs on color preferences, but not this long. Even using interns typing on a  "no pay" basis, this sort of "make-work" was not something that they considered worth keeping. That persons such as we would be interested fifty nine years after the fact would probably have been a source of great amusement to them.

At one time, I owned a "regular" 1957 Cadillac convertible and enjoyed it greatly. I also had a good friend who had an auto just like yours, although I never saw it up close enough to see the interior and can't remember the top color. It was in the Lafayette, Indiana area and the era would have been in the 1970s.

Again, welcome to the Forum. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Walter Youshock

Welcome!  The only way to add them up would be to scour every build sheet and add up the Elysian green Biarritzs.  Matt Larson took on such a task to document the 1953 Eldorados.

It seemed to be a rather popular Eldorado color that year.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

As it happens, a 3x Elysian Green '57 Biarritz happens to reside here in NE PA.

Welcome to the CLC Forum.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Quentin Hall

I believe I saw FW 2, ie body number 2, years ago in California. It too was triple green. So there first two Biarritzs were this combo. I do love this combo. . . Nearly as good as Starlight Silver with all red interior and a black top.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Classic Car Room

Thanks everyone for you help and information.

I really would love to restore this Biarritz but it takes a lot of time and money, neither of which I have a lot of right now. So I decided to sell the car so at least it will get restored to its original beauty instead of being put aside for years. Also selling this car will help me build my 1957 Coupe DeVille. This way I can continue to concentrate on building my furniture business, Classic Car Room. I would be willing to build this car to any level someone wanted like metal work, put in primer, or even paint. I have over 30 years body shop experience and also owner.

This is a rare car and deserves to be restored correctly. So I have listed on ebay item #332018303354. Anyone with interest please contact me.

Thanks, Dave
1957 Coupe DeVille

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

QuoteI believe I saw FW 2, ie body number 2, years ago in California. It too was triple green. So there first two Biarritzs were this combo. I do love this combo. . . Nearly as good as Starlight Silver with all red interior and a black top.
Quentin, FWIW Body No. 2 was at our recent dealer show and it is indeed restored, looking beautiful. Owner claims it is a twin to body No. 1.

Many years ago I did a survey of 150+ surviving CLC cars (Biarritz and Seville) based on their data plates. It was not scientific because it was not necessarily a  representative sample. Cars painted Olympic White, Black and Dakota Red comprised about 50% of the survivors.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Legend has it that for a time, the first Cadillac off the line in a model year was always an EBZ, and always in green.

I've never been able to verify how true that is but #1 '59 EBZ is Hampton Green.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis

body number 1 and 2 on 59 Eldo are both triple green
1 chassis 59e000010
2 chassis  59e004372 4362 cars later

body 3 & 4 identical silver with white buckets
3 chassis 1727
4 chassis 1668 only 59 cars apart!

Quentin Hall

I believe i read somewhere that the green presented well in black and white print magazine and newspaper advertising.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz