News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Rubber fills 1975 CpdV

Started by gross707, November 02, 2016, 06:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

Help!
Between the headlight above and the bumper below is a recessed strip of black rubber whose purpose is to fill that gap.  The two strips (one each side) on my '75 Caribou have gone bad.  Does anyone out there have a source or suggestions?
In the picture attached the screw driver points to the piece of rubber in question.
Thanks,
Gerald
Gerald Ross

TJ Hopland

Those parts are most often called body fillers.   Many people sell them, we suspect there may only be 1 or 2 people that actually make them.  They don't usually fit perfectly but with a little work can be made to look decent.    I think for a 75 what you need is the front set which I think is 4 pieces,  each headlight and then the pointed part have a piece.    The 1/4 fillers would be the part that goes behind the bumper.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

gross707

I'm not sure that it is a body filler part that is included in those (two) aftermarket offerings.  This part attaches by screw to the back side of the lowermost filler piece in front of the headlight and just hangs in the gap between headlight and bumper with its lower edge free. 
Thanks for your input,
G
Gerald Ross

TJ Hopland

Interesting,  I narrowed search results down to the Deville / Fleetwood and those pieces dropped off the list.   I thought those were the same on the Eldo too but apparently not.   Odd that they make em for the Eldo but not for the Deville.   I wonder if that is a mistake and they are the same?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason